Europa-List: Fuel Systems

Subject: Europa-List: Fuel Systems
From: david joyce <davidjoyce@beeb.net>
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2003 12:05:54

Tony, I have a low fuel pressure warning sensor ( a simple inexpensive reliable
pressure switch from OEM) which switches a bright red warning light on in front
of my nose if pressure drops below 0.15 Bar, as it will if the pump starts
pushing air or if the filter gets furred up. I have now twice run the reserve
dry, once deliberately and once inadvertantly and on each occasion there was
time
to get head in gear and switch over to reserve without the engine even blinking.
This should also cover the situation Europa once described where their
914 started coughing, but recovered when pump 2 was switched on, and they
subsequently
found the Gascolator filter heavily gunged.So it seems to me that this
system offers a reliable changeover arrangement, not depending on a quiet
engine,
with the advantages of simplicity, lightness and cheapness. David Joyce