Re: Europa-List: How did you Post Cure?

Subject: Re: Europa-List: How did you Post Cure?
From: david joyce <davidjoyce@beeb.net>
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2003 16:52:40

Ron, A tunnel made of 2inch polystyrene sheet (available from the local DIY
store) serves quite well and cheaply. A hairdryer at one end , an exit hole
at the bottom at the other end and a thermometer stuck through the side at
sample heights makes it all controllable. I took my temps from the booklet
that came with every can of Ampreg resin, which gives strengths achieved for
different regimes, but from memory it was about optimum with something like
18 hrs at 55 deg centigrade. It is worth making your system long enough to
take the flaps & ailerons while you are at it. I would be very dubious about
letting any 220 deg Fahrenheit air anywhere near it as that temp is quite
enough to soften and distort the structure , and your diluting or mixing
system might fail to give uniform cooling to 55 deg (131 in old units!) and
leave you with a droopy tail! Cheers David Joyce