Re: Europa-List: How did you Post Cure?

Subject: Re: Europa-List: How did you Post Cure?
From: TELEDYNMCS@aol.com
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2003 11:49:42

Hi Ron,

Using the advice of a friend that does sailplane repair and frequently post
cures his layups, I'm planning on building an "oven" out of one of my wing
boxes. I bought a cheap inside/outside digital thermometer from Radio Shack to

monitor the temp. For heat, I'm going to use a Paloma ceramic space heater
positioned at one end of the "oven". I'm going to use a small box fan inside the

"oven" to stir the air around, the theory being that the fan will prevent
temperature stratofication and thereby make the temperature even throughout.
Neville

told me 60 C (140F) for 10 hours. I've tested the setup in a large cardboard
box slightly smaller than what I the "oven" will be and can easily keep it at
140 inside. I will probably do the cures when I know I'll be around for the
duration so I can keep and eye on it and not burn down the hangar/shop.

Regards,

John Lawton
Dunlap, TN
A-245