Europa-List: Fuel In, Braid in / Inflight, Braid Out

Subject: Europa-List: Fuel In, Braid in / Inflight, Braid Out
From: Graham Singleton <graham@gflight.f9.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 16 May 2003 10:22:40

>Fred and co,
>
>Between you and Brian I think the best option might be to dangle the lead down
>during refuelling, and pull it out again for flight. Would you agree that is
>the best optioin

Tony
I would go for the aluminium elbow at the bottom of the XS filler moulding,
get some coarse mesh attached at the lower end, then ground the elbow with
every other metal bit, including of course the filler cap.
I don't feel happy about copper braid rattling around in the pipes. A few
years down the airways bits may start dropping into the fuel. I know your
gascolator will catch them but not everyone has an Andair.
BTW are you still current on small aircraft?  Or have you sold the Victa?
You need to find an excuse to go flying with Kathy McLure!
Graham

---