Re: Europa-List: Fuel filler

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Fuel filler
From: DJA727@aol.com
Date: Sun, 2 Mar 2003 16:13:24

In a message dated 3/2/2003 7:58:32 AM Pacific Standard Time, kevann@gte.net
writes:

> Hello all, I've seen lots of fuel filler hose smell problems talked about. A
> popular mod seems to be exchanging the supplied rubber hose for a welded
> aluminum section. Is anyone offering the alum. welded section for sale to
> other builders? Also, the rubber hose needed to connect the alum. mod., are
> you using the supplied hose cutting two short pieces or is there a better
> hose type available?

Ibought mine from an auto parts store - a hose designed for automotive fuel.
I just ended up using a steel tube bent to the right shape. It is heavier
than aluminum, but not as much as I expected. I would be happy to change that
out for a welded tube if it were available.

Dave
A227
12.3 hours on the mini U2

Climb performance this morning was 1,200 fpm all the way to 15,000 feet. That
is at about 1250 pounds.