Re: Nav Lights

Subject: Re: Nav Lights
From: John & Paddy Wigney <johnwigney@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2003 21:39:56
Hi Mike,

I installed a Whelen HTS CF power pack at each wing tip together with
Whelen A600/PG, PR strobe nav light assemblies. I mounted each power
pack on a panel on the lower surface of each wing about 6 in. inboard
---From the wing tip and about 4 in. to the rear of the spar.  I carefully
cut the rectangular panels ~ 4.5 in. x ~ 8 in.with radiused corners and
each panel is retained by 4 AN507C-1032R12 countersunk screws, Tinnerman
washers and nut plates similar to the rear access panels in the
fuselage. One makes up the internal flanges in the usual way with BID. I
also put in a terminal strip mounted on the rear face of the spar which
is accessible when the panel is removed. The strip makes life easy for
the connections to the power pack and for  inspection and removal of the
tip light as necessary.

It works for me and I have had no experience of radio interference.

Cheers, John
N262WF, mono XS

DuaneFamly@aol.com wrote:

>Has anyone installed the Whelen wingtip lights with the local strobe power
>supplies
out at the end of the wings? At 1.5 lbs each side it seems a good way to
keep the strobe from interfering with other electronics. Mike Duane Redding,
California