Re: U/C problem, for monowheel eyes only

Subject: Re: U/C problem, for monowheel eyes only
From: Kingsley Hurst <hurstkr@growzone.com.au>
Date: Thu, 9 Jan 2003 10:05:59
David,

Quite some time ago, Neville at Europa advised me to apply redux between the
mating surfaces of these parts immediately before tightening up the bolts.

Having said this, I am unable to understand how looseness in this joint
would prevent the lever from reaching the down detent.  I would have thought
looseness in this joint would have the opposite effect.

It may be an idea to check if you have in fact had some other restriction in
the L/G somewhere as I suspect the force you applied to the joint in
question by pulling hard on the lever would very likely exceed that which
the U/C would have exerted at 2.5g.  It may be that your forcing the lever
caused the movement.

Just my two bobs worth.

Regards
Kingsley Hurst Mono 281