Re: aileron hinge flange BID size

Subject: Re: aileron hinge flange BID size
From: david joyce <davidjoyce@beeb.net>
Date: Thu, 2 Jan 2003 10:43:19
Rowland, Your 1 metre roll  should have an edge length , cut at 45 degrees
of  root 2 which is 1414mm. A `100mm strip will be an extra141.4 mm long, ie
1555mm. It will of course have pointed ends, but I would use the strip as it
comes and simply butt joint triangles into the ends, with the second layer
laid the other way up so that the seams do not coincide. Preparing the layup
on the bench, with cling film both sides of the wetted cloth makes it more
manageable, uncovering a small section at a time to lay it into flange
groove.  Happy New Year, David