Aileron hinge flange

Subject: Aileron hinge flange
From: david joyce <davidjoyce@beeb.net>
Date: Thu, 2 Jan 2003 11:04:58
Roland, Having posted a suggestion to you, I went back to the manual and realise
that the two layers of bid are meant to be put on seperately with the hinge
reinforcements in between, (no doubt in the interests of smooth edges to the
reinforced
areas). You could still use the technique of filling in the corners
but on reflection there is plenty of material in the 100mm strip and I am sure
it would not matter a bit if you simply stretched it to fit without extra
corners.
Incidentally one thing to beware of is getting too much material (by which
I mean resin and micro in the bottom of the 'V' where the hinge will go) I
found myself having to grind out some of the material in order to get the hinge
to sit properly, which of course weakens the strengthening, and if I was doing
it again I would clamp a clingfilm covered hinge in place while the lay up
dried. Cheers, David