Re: Aileron hinge flange

Subject: Re: Aileron hinge flange
From: David Glauser <david.glauser@xpsystems.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Jan 2003 09:30:27

> I think it's fair to say that this layup was not far short of a comedy of
> errors for me - but I now have 3 ailerons as a result... When people ask
> what all the bits are in the lounge, I point out the 1 rudder, 2 flaps and 3
> ailerons and so far all but one have just nodded sagely ;-)

That's not bad at all - I made two rudders and four stabilators. Didn't like the
workmanship on the second set. Just for giggles, we decided to, um, "test to
destruction" a stabilator. Two 200-pound-plus guys jumping up and down on it
on a concrete floor didn't cause any lasting damage. Try that with a Cessna
tail!

David
A071