Re: aileron hinge flange BID size

Subject: Re: aileron hinge flange BID size
From: tonyrenshaw@ozemail.com.au
Date: Tue, 7 Jan 2003 14:40:27
Bob,
Hi, its Tony from Sydney. Well actually I am in Singapore at the moment and
spending
January in Cairns with Australian Airlines, but that is all chit a chat.
I was wondering if I could seek your advice as I recall you are ahead of me in
your build. I am about to launch off into the fuselage and have the kind offer
of the loan of a fuselage jig from Kingsley Hirst in Taroom QLD. How long did
it take you to make up a jig for your fuselage? I can get Kingsleys down to
Brisbane easily, but then I have the hassle of getting it down to Sydney. So
I am wondering whether it is better to research getting his down or building my
own. I must admit I like building jigs, but mine are always Rolls Royce, take
far too long to build and are well and truly reuseable for quite probably a
longer life than the aircraft they are designed for. I can't really help myself,
but I must say I have a really straight set of wings as a consequence. So I
will hang out for "your words of wisdom" Thanks in anticipation.
Reg
Tony Renshaw