Re: aileron hinge flange BID size

Subject: Re: aileron hinge flange BID size
From: Graham Singleton <grasingleton@avnet.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 2 Jan 2003 01:20:56

>Rowland
>Yes ,  You will have to overlap the BID strips.  An one inch overlap will be
>OK.
>
>Keeping the BID from stretching out of shape is the hardest parent.
>Cliff Shaw

The easy way is to wet out the BID on the bench. I use stuff we call cling
film, I think you say Saran Wrap?
Tape it to the bench, wet out the glass strips then cut the film with a
Stanley nife and carry it to the job on the film and push it in place, then
carefully peel off the film. Finally carefully stipple in with a brush.
That way the 45 BD doesn't distort and it isn't too wet either.
Graham