Re: Fuel Drains

Subject: Re: Fuel Drains
From: Steve Hagar <hagargs@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 31 Dec 2002 21:20:53

Mine are going along with the gascolator positioned under the port baggage
bay access panel.  I'll just have one snap shut access panel for all three.
Any leeks or dripping if any will be at one spot. I have configured the
inside of the door to have small dams inside to direct any leakage to drain
overboard rather than rolling around in the back of the fuselage.
As for long runs of hose to the drains. You can always do the politically
incorrect thing and hold the taps open for a second or two before you take
your sample.

Steve Hagar
A143
Mesa, AZ

The
> head of fuel and the 1/4" tube to the back of the tank should take care
of
> that.
>
> I'm leaning toward #3 but I've never seen anyone do it. ( usually a bad
sign
> )
>
> Comments?
> Happy New Year,