Fuel pump

Subject: Fuel pump
From: Kevin Taylor <kevin@eastyorkshire.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2002 17:04:48
Twice now I have switched my primary electric fuel pump on (Subaru) when the
fuel cock was of and after about 5 seconds the motor cuts out. I remember
the last time I did this it started again after been switched off for a few
hours. (Don't worry I didn't fly)

All I know is its a faucet pump and is identified in a Deamon Tweeks book I
have, although I'm not 100% sure if both the primary and secondary pumps are
both this type? I'm looking through the manuals but haven't found anything
yet.

Does anyone know if this is a protection device and if so how long should it
be before it starts working again please.

Best regards

Kev T GOURO