Re: XS Topping out

Subject: Re: XS Topping out
From: Paul Stewart <pauld.stewart@virgin.net>
Date: Fri, 13 Dec 2002 11:03:40
Mike

I like the others have done as much as possible before topping out - just
about to do this next week. It is an XS monowheel. Stuff completed as
follows

Wing lift pin sockets
Tie bar
(Tophat section reinforcing front lift pin socket needs top on as bonded to
door sill)
Flap drive tube - you won't believe you could do this job with the top on.
Main gear and linked to flaps
Rear baggage bay bulkhead
Covers for bulkhead
GS tailwheel mod
Fairleads for rudder cables
Secured the rim motor with anchor nuts not MS21042-2 to make it removable
Complete aluminium fuel system with gascolatorand fuel pump on BB support
ribs
Access panel below gascolator
Run cables for trim motor and VHF antenna
Spash mouldings for both the rear bulkhead and mass balance support - there
are some pictures of my aircraft posted by Graham Singleton somewhere - I
believe on the web site.

Regards

Paul Stewart #432