Re: Europa Paint (Not Poly Fiber)

Subject: Re: Europa Paint (Not Poly Fiber)
From: Gary McKirdy <garymckirdy@gloverb.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 20 Oct 2002 15:49:49

----- Original Message -----
From: "Andy Draper" <andy@europa-aircraft.com>

> Hi Gary,> The Long-EZ is one of the Rutan breed of aircraft and is not
de-riggable in the same sense that the Europa is.  The wings and canard can
be removed in about an hour or two, but then the remaining fuselage with the
wing root section attached to it is too wide to trailer easily.

> Regards
> Andy

You can assume I was aware of that Andy and therein lies the point.  Of
course with respect of the design requirement to enable multiple rigging
actions, the same applies to carbon and glass sailplanes which is why they
exclusively use the same generic product that I do not want to be accused of
advertising. I do however freely recommend its use to the group based on my
own extensive experience in finishing composite aeroplanes since 1984. since
there is not a single downside that I know of despite what the nay sayers
would have us believe. There is one individual in Britain who might actually
have done more of this work himself than I have, but he too recommends and
uses the same stuff.>