Re: Europa Paint (Not Poly Fiber)

Subject: Re: Europa Paint (Not Poly Fiber)
From: Gerry Holland <gnh@ddsc.demon.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 19 Oct 2002 21:14:48
"In 30 years all painted Europas will be on their 6th respray
and will need 120 HP to get airborne."

In the light of Gary McKirdy's prediction as quoted above. How many of
the pioneering Europas built and painted since 199* have had multiple
resprays or had engines uprated in preparation of the inevitable weight
increase due to yet another respray!

For those of us who have opted for Paint not Gel-coat I guess we are
running a very expensive aircraft. I'm having enough trouble selecting
my first engine let alone my second to cope with weight increase.
May be a Europa twin? [musing].

Regards

Gerry Holland

EuropaTrigear 384