Re: Europa Paint (Not Poly Fiber)

Subject: Re: Europa Paint (Not Poly Fiber)
From: Andy Draper <andy@europaaircraft.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Oct 2002 09:53:56
Hi Gary,

The EZ has only about 500 hours and I don't recall the paint name.  It was the
same as used on Concorde (we flew into Heathrow in primer to take it to the BA
maintenance base, and flew out a week later; but that's another story, however
it's a great log book entry for a mere SE piston pilot) so I would expect that
it was a 2 pack polyurethane paint.  It has a very high UV barrier in it so
it could even be the C21-100 UVR paint as used in the Europa paint kit.

The Long-EZ is one of the Rutan breed of aircraft and is not de-riggable in the
same sense that the Europa is.  The wings and canard can be removed in about
an hour or two, but then the remaining fuselage with the wing root section
attached
to it is too wide to trailer easily.

Regards
Andy