Tail Plane Torque Tube Drive pins/Wear Statistics . WAS RE: - Rudder

Subject: Tail Plane Torque Tube Drive pins/Wear Statistics . WAS RE: - Rudder
From: R.C.Harrison <ptag.dev@ukonline.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 18 Oct 2002 09:34:45
Hi! Fred and All.
Great statistical info! However you recognise that a "new" design such as a
Europa will have it's own statistical "bias" much earlier in the order of
chance. I'm particularly thinking of the Tail Plane Torque Tube Drive Pin
Wear problem (since I have been so closely involved) . It for sure has no
letter "F's" in it unless you include the ultimate effect ......."FLAPPING"
! FURTHER IT WILL BE ON THE "FRET" long before 4000 hours unless you've done
something to counter the problem! As to who will be the first guy who
experiences it ..... I am aquainted with a number who will be insulated from
the problem with their own favourable tweek on the "chance factor" . Thanks
for your orders chaps!
Regards and flying safely !(on the mechanical factor at least!)

Bob Harrison G-PTAG