Re: Gear UP stop

Subject: Re: Gear UP stop
From: Kevin Klinefelter <kevann@gte.net>
Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2002 21:48:24
Hey Kim, I have the main gear in and am looking at a gear up stop as you
recommend. Looks like a good idea as pushing up on the retracted gear (neg.
G) makes the tire hit the brake master. Do you suggest reduxing alum angle
to the inboard side of the swing arm with the horizontal part of the angle
going over the top of the swing arm outboard to contact a stop of ply
attatched to the side of the tunnel?  I was thinking of the alum angle going
on to the tunnel side to contact the swing arm on the wide outboard reaching
curve of the swing arm. I am not quite seeing what you suggest. Could you
explain your mod a little more?
  Thanks , Kevin