Re: Rudder pedal travel

Subject: Re: Rudder pedal travel
From: Nick Hammond <Nick.Hammond@saabsystems.com.au>
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2002 07:09:31
Alex,

My fairly cursory reading of this thread is that it has been about aircraft with
Graham Singleton's mod fitted -- this puts a pivot arm on the rear bulkhead
with separate pairs of cables going forward to the pedals and aft to the
tailwheeel.
Like others, I have put turnbuckles in the aft set of cables but haven't
seen any need to put them in the forward set. There is nothing to tighten them
against except the springs on the pedal shaft and the amount of possible
adjustment
won't do much to vary the pedal angle to accommodate different leg lengths.
Also, like you, I was worried about the extra mass causing the cables to
flap about.

Best regards,

Nick Hammond