Re: Rudder pedal travel

Subject: Re: Rudder pedal travel
From: Graham Singleton <grasingleton@avnet.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2002 20:20:08
 <3DAECCB7.178A0E33@ameritech.net>

>.  Actual troubles occur with the pulley itself, intentionally
> > not made of metal  - wear, loose or frozen bearing, chafing, potential
> > jamming by debris.  There's a basic precept in the inspection business
> > that critical things not be disassembled unless at least the lesser
> > evil.
>             Quite agree. You are applying experience to Maintenance
>Inspection which I am content to follow because I am a flyer, not a builder.
>The practicality is that the greatest wear is probably around the pulley,
>and the pulley itself.

It is simpler, and with less moving parts, to dispense with the turnbuckles
and simply release the cables from the aft bellcrank by pulling the shackle
pins. This will allow inspection of the whole cable in relative comfort.

This assumes that one has the bellcrank assembly on the rear bulkhead, of
course.

Graham