Re: Going through the stainless portions of the firewall

Subject: Re: Going through the stainless portions of the firewall
From: Alexander P. de C. Kaarsberg <kaarsber@terra.com.br>
Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2002 16:29:13
I do agree that in the wrong hands, even a glass of water can do harm-
but when apllied with thought and care, the RTV can help solve many
problems.
A hard sleeve of sorts around the cable at the feedthrough point,
adequate shoring of moving parts, regular inspections, all helps ...
...and isn't there carcinogenic substances in the gasoline too?  And in
the blue stuff used in aircraft toilets- and and and... ;-)

Alex