Re: Primer and Paint

Subject: Re: Primer and Paint
From: Paul Atkinson <paul.atkinson321@btopenworld.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2002 08:44:54
Troy

I go along with what John says, though did not find any thinning was
necessary. Matthew Russell who did the top coat for me had misgivings
about putting polyurethane on top of smooth prime but it worked fine and
I am very pleased with the result.

By the way when it came to doing the doors the gelcoat  affected the top
coat somehow, resulting in a very pale grey instead of the "pure" white
elsewhere. After drying for  week and a rub down to provide a key the
second attempt did the trick I am pleased to say. With the advantage of
hindsight I would be inclined to rub as much of the gelcoat off as
possible, if only to save a bit of weight. It was very generously
applied!

Paul