Primer and Paint

Subject: Primer and Paint
From: TroyMaynor@aol.com
Date: Mon, 9 Sep 2002 20:00:22
Hi All,

I am priming the fuselage. Question; is slightly less than a gallon of
Polyfibers UV Smooth Prime about right for three coats rolled on? It seems
like I am going through it too fast. I only thinned it enough to roll it on
easily and to prevent it from drying too fast as temps are a little warm in
my garage this time of year. I will sand these 3 coats and if I don't sand
through too much maybe only one or two coats more is sufficient. I suspect I
put it on too thick by not thinning it much.

Also, how much paint should I plan to buy for the entire aircraft? I will use
an automotive paint like DuPont Imron or PPG polyurethane.

One more; the fellow that will be spraying it suggested using some of the
primer that is normally used under the same paint when he paints cars. What
have others done? I have already talked to the Polyfiber folks and if I
remember correctly they said more primer was not necessary. But I was just
wondering what others had done down this avenue.
Thanks to all on the Forum.
Troy Maynor
N120EU Monowheel Classic (with mods)