Re: [Flying] 914 Hot Start problem

Subject: Re: [Flying] 914 Hot Start problem
From: Lisbet og Gert Dalgaard <lgds@post6.tele.dk>
Date: Mon, 9 Sep 2002 09:54:04
 Hi Tony

Sounds familiar - my 914 can be tricky to start when hot too ( - but only
when people are looking, hmmmm.)
Have noticed that you really have to be stingy with the throttle - and no
choke.
Better to crank the starter with the power setting at expected 1600 rpm's
and then add throttle after the engine fires than to adjust throttle at
2100 rpm's before cranking.
But it surely is no Ford Focus.... ( - for our american friends: Ford
Focus is an european parody of a car..!)

Regards Gert

Gert Dalgaard Srensen
Stabelvej 9, Haarby
DK 8660 Skanderborg
Denmark

Europa builder No. 151
OY-GDS - Europa Classic/914

Phone.: +45 8695 0595
E mail: lgds@post6.tele.dk
http://home19.inet.tele.dk/dalgaard/oygds.jpeg

"Tony S. Krzyzewski" wrote:

  We've got a 914 power Europa here in NZ with XS cowlings. All works
  well
  until you try to start the engine when it's hot - at which point it
  becomes totally uncooperative. Ambient temperatures are in the mid
  teens
  (celcius!).

  I recall that some earlier builders had the same issue. Was there a
  resolution?

  Regards

  Tony
  The Europa Forum is supported by Aviators Network UK
  <info@avnet.co.uk>