Re: Fuel Tank - initial cleaning

Subject: Re: Fuel Tank - initial cleaning
From: Terry Seaver <terrys@cisco.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Sep 2002 10:02:35
Bob,

I recommend cleaning the tank with soap and water, to break the 'static cling'.
After hearing many stories of 'swarf' in fuel filters, requiring many flushings
with gasoline to clear, we flushed our tank with soap and water. We have never
found any residue in our gascolator filter, with over 220 hours on plane now.

Terry Seaver
N135TD