Fuel Tank - initial cleaning

Subject: Fuel Tank - initial cleaning
From: J R \Bob\ Gowing <gowingjr@acr.net.au>
Date: Sat, 7 Sep 2002 18:21:59
Just installing the tank and had to file the inside of the bosses to get
those fittings in. thus I was most concerned about how much rubbish I had
let get in there.

I had contemplated flooding through a lot of water, with salt if necessary
to kill electic charges which might make the little pieces stick but it
suddenly struck me that if I inverted the module and hence the tank lifted
one side and thumped the tank all the rubbish might fall across the top(now
underneath) and end up in the corner opposite the filler opening for where
it could be vacuumed away.

For those at this stage or approaching it - it worked OK.

JR (Bob) Gowing, Kit 327 in Oz.