Re: [Flying] 914 Hot Start problem

Subject: Re: [Flying] 914 Hot Start problem
From: Jim Brown <acrojim@cfl.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Sep 2002 17:39:20
Garry;

With reference to auto fuel. I do not have a preference, however I buy my fuel
---From a service station that has a high volume of business. That way I always
have
fresh gas. I
have not found either water or contaminants in the gas. Most service stations
have
a fuel filter in the line so that its filtered just before the fuel goes in
the car.

In my original message to Tony, I should have also mentioned that on a cross
country
when auto fuel is not available I carry with me a product called TCP
manufactured
by
ALCOR. I add it to the 100 LL at a rate of one ounce per ten gallons of fuel. It
will keep the lead in suspension and it will not deposit on the fuel jets in
the carbs. I
think  this product is not allowed in the UK.

Regards

Jim Brown

"STOUT, GARRY V, CSFF2" wrote:

> Jim,
>
> Do you have a preference for what "brand" of auto gas to use?  Do you filter
the gas for water and contaminants and if so, have you ever found water or
rubbish
in the gas?