Re: 912 carb icing?

Subject: Re: 912 carb icing?
From: michael.dolphin <michael.dolphin@ntlworld.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2002 10:20:17
FWIW I made my own free air scoop plenum for my 912, and worried by the
possibility of carb icing, fitted a thermocouple to the carb throat.  The
subsequent test flying in as much grotty weather & icing conditions as I
could handle gave not one indication of icing (all done safely o/head known
airfield).  Carby throat temps rarely drop below 10 centigrade and I've been
operating for over 3 years with this Mod.

Mike D,  (the Wheelbarrow)