Re: Jumbo fuel tank

Subject: Re: Jumbo fuel tank
From: clevelee@cswebmail.com
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2002 13:42:41
Steve,

Echo other replies that have alread been sent.

Because I wanted some clearance at the top of the tank for the thickness of my
capacatance fuel gauge, (which sits in the 'hollow' along the top of the tank),
I chose to measure the distances somewhat carefully.

As discussed, clearance for the spar is critical.  If you measure on the spar
upwards from the center of the spar (between pin bushings) to the spar edge
(approx 22" out from center, because of the spar's taper), that distance is the
minimum clearance you'll need from the headrest bottom.  You can transfer this
distance to the cockpit module by marking the same distance above the module pin
bushings towards the headrest bottom. I tested with a 2x4 along that line just
to be sure the tank would not interfere.

(Passing note, the easiest way to measure to the center of the pin bushing is by
putting a pin in the hole and measuring from the pin, then adding 1/4")

All worked out fine.

Cleve Lee
A198 MonoXS N396ST
Detroit, MI