Jumbo fuel tank

Subject: Jumbo fuel tank
From: ScramIt@aol.com
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2002 09:15:47
Hi all, I'm up to installing the fuel tank. I can get the 2 cm step so the
tank does not touch the underside of the fuselage. When I set the space the
top of the tank is flush to the bottom of the head rest area. I see pictures
and read in the manual about putting wedges of foam in this area to set the
lower gap. I'm not worried about having it flush with the head rest. I'm
worried about not having the foam on top and the tank fretting over time. Has
the tank been resized? Is it OK not to have a foam filled gap on top?

SteveD
A217
http://homepage.mac.com/sdunsmuir/Europa.html