Re: Bad landings

Subject: Re: Bad landings
From: Kevin Taylor <kevin@eastyorkshire.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2002 09:58:27
Geoff N all

Thanks for the replies which confirm as is obvious that too much speed is
naturally a problem for our slippy ships.

I need to do some more stalls and record the speeds but as mine is heavy due
to the Subaru and more so as it has a forward C og G I don't like to go
below 70 on final approach. One of those things I need to convince myself im
OK to do some time.

One thing I have noticed when on climb out is that if I allow the speed to
drop below 70 with 15 deg of flap then I do notice some pre airframe buffet
just very slightly though.

No doubt I will learn as I gain the experience.

I would be interested to know how much the 914 weighs in comparison to the
912S?

Regards

Kevin