Cockpit cooling again

Subject: Cockpit cooling again
From: Nigel Charles <72016.3721@compuserve.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2002 04:20:44
Message text written by INTERNET:kevintaylor@space35.freeserve.co.uk
>My question is this. Is there anything to stop me cutting the 80mm hole
out
of my Perspex canopy and inserting one of these window devices which is
made
of Perspex?

I suspect the standard answer will be it will degrade the structural
strength of the Perspex....etc.

Anyone any ideas?<

I would stay away from cutting any holes in perspex. If it goes wrong its a
big job to correct. Also you might induce cracks or crazing later. If you
need to improve the ventilation why not consider my overhead flap
ventilator using a pair of eyeball vents? I am hoping to set this up as a
club mod during the winter months.

Nigel Charles