Re: 6mm Roll Pins

Subject: Re: 6mm Roll Pins
From: Graham Singleton <grasingleton@avnet.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2002 23:41:23
>   They are devilishly difficult to insert because, by design,
>the hole is smaller than the pin

>Also, you get to use roll pins later when installing the shoot bolt
>mechanism in the doors.  Here the roll pin fits snugly into a fork (really a
>clevis) and I can assure you that if you follow the procedure in the manual
>you will bend the "tine" on the back side of the shoot bolt actuating rods
>(DL08F and DL08R), which then jams the mechanism.

Not a good idea IMHO. I used AN3 bolts and MS thingummy nuts 21042 perhaps?
Senior moment again. {?:-(
Paul McAllister did it nicely, he cut flats on the side of the shoot bolt
push rods and riveted on side plates, to achieve potentially a more
reliable assembly. I did take some pictures at the time.

We reinvented Bob Jacobson's third shoot bolt too while we were at it. This
resulted in a big improvement in the feel of the whole thing. I still
suspect that a passive half round spigot on the door would work almost as
well. Not had a chance to try it yet. My Long EZ is blocking the queue into
my shop.

Graham