Re: 6mm Roll Pins

Subject: Re: 6mm Roll Pins
From: Graham Singleton <grasingleton@avnet.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 12 Jul 2002 11:07:54
>Graham, I fail to see your reason for concern.  The roll pin is secure by
>virtue of the interference fit on one side, and the structure is sound by
>virtue of the oversize hole being only very slightly oversize, so the
>pivoting connection will have the same strength as Europa intended.

Hi Rob,
I was  more concerned with the fact that the roll pin itself may well
damage the thin piece of soft aluminum that remains after the slot has been
cut. If the hole is slightly displaced to one side the remaining metal is
even thinner. Just think the design could be improved. Its not a serious
criticism of the factory, but its always easier to work with hindsight.

Graham