Re: 6mm Roll Pins

Subject: Re: 6mm Roll Pins
From: Rob Housman <RobH@hyperionef.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2002 16:32:48
Graham, I fail to see your reason for concern.  The roll pin is secure by
virtue of the interference fit on one side, and the structure is sound by
virtue of the oversize hole being only very slightly oversize, so the
pivoting connection will have the same strength as Europa intended.

If you fear that something will come apart in the event of an unfortunately
"hard" landing and the door(s) might fail to open then that is why we will
carry a crash axe, an essential tool in the Europa if one finds oneself
hanging by the seatbelt.

I recall perusing Paul's mod and liked it but had already made my mod.

Best regards,

Rob Housman
A070