Re: flight planning software

Subject: Re: flight planning software
From: Stephan Cassel <cassel@sensewave.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2002 16:57:08
Hi,

You can try my software, Ontrack. The manual is in Swedish :)
but the software is in English. It has GPS support (license is free
for all Europa builders).

It has a map displaying route, airports, holdings and reports points.
But no map. The idea is to create operative flight plans and
ICAO flight plans and display the route while flying. That means you have
to carry an "old-fashion" map and use the PDA as a support utility.

Remember: MAP, COMPASS and WATCH are basic tools and a must.
What will happen the day the PDA or other sophisticated devices do not
work? One thing is for sure: that day it is foggy, windy and passenger
screaming.
For this reasons I thinks simple is the best. I always use my PDA and have
a printout
of the Operative Flight Plan when flying longer distance.

The inbuilt database cover Finland, Sweden, Norway and Denmark but can
easily be extended.

Ontrack can be found at: www.fpp.nu

1. click Ontrack tab
2. Select the "Hmta Ontrack" (Download Ontrack)
3. Add your name and e-mail and click OK
4. Download Windows, SH3 or MIPS version

Any trouble please post me an e-mail.

Regards,

Stephan Cassel
Builder #556 - Collect the kit 23rd of August :)))
Log (under construction and far from finished ): www.fpp.nu/europa