Re: Bubble window

Subject: Re: Bubble window
From: Peter Zutrauen <peterz@zutrasoft.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2002 09:02:32

>>. The drag increase is minimal, as that is a function of
>>increased wetted area, which is negligible (assuming no flow separation).

---From the initial pics on Steve's site
http://www.goflyin.com/europa/may_2002.htm (thanks Steve!) it appears that
the rear of the doors has the same additional severe curve as the front
edge. I'm really surprised that they did not trail the rear of the window
off more gradually to avoid flow separation and reduce drag. With one's head
near the half-way point (front to rear) in the window, I would have figured
that there would be ample opportunity to flow the rear edge back into the
frame more gradually.

It will be interesting to see what aerodynamic impact these windows do have.
I just can't believe that the flow stays attached.

Who is the outfit doing the glass anyway?

Cheers,
Pete