Re: Tri-gear vs. Mono wheel debate

Subject: Re: Tri-gear vs. Mono wheel debate
From: Fergus Kyle <VE3LVO@rac.ca>
Date: Wed, 15 May 2002 10:41:41

>> Message text written by Fred Fillinger
> >I was a passenger> on an MD-80 whose port side engine exploded during
rotation.  The> single-engine ILS, at night, 600 and 3/4 in sleet and fog,
following that failure was outstanding.  How smooth the guy's landing were,
or> whether he could even spell tailwheel, is not part of my definition!<<

> I think we are now getting well away from objective assessment. To assess>
the achievements of a pilot from the passenger seat of an airliner is not>
even vaguely creditable. (...................)> Nigel Charles

Nigel et al,
I quite agree, but politicians, cabin staff and passengers do it all the
time. In some categories, a 'living' is made doing it. Look at all the funny
jokes coming from the cabin!
            As an old pteradactyl said, "pound for pound, I'll take JP4".
Ferg