Re: Tri-gear vs. Mono wheel debate

Subject: Re: Tri-gear vs. Mono wheel debate
From: Fred Fillinger <fillinger@ameritech.net>
Date: Mon, 13 May 2002 15:46:17
It's maybe just the definition of "better pilot."  I was a passenger
on an MD-80 whose port side engine exploded during rotation.  The
single-engine ILS, at night, 600 and 3/4 in sleet and fog, following
that failure was outstanding.  How smooth the guy's landing were, or
whether he could even spell tailwheel, is not part of my definition!

Best,
Fred F.