Re: Mono wheel vs. Tri-Gear debate

Subject: Re: Mono wheel vs. Tri-Gear debate
From: Nigel Charles <72016.3721@compuserve.com>
Date: Fri, 10 May 2002 09:58:55

>The only other item I can think of is that on-going maintenance should be
less with the Tri Gear since no retractable parts.
<

I have seen one trigear which needs regular attention to its wheel bearings
(nosewheel in particular). The PFA inspector for this Europa believes that
this is likely to be an on-going issue with the present design if wheel
shimmy is to be limited to acceptable levels. Not knowing anything about
the trigear setup I don't know whether this comment is representative of
all trigears.

Nigel Charles