Re: Transponder Aerial Location

Subject: Re: Transponder Aerial Location
From: Alan D Stewart <alan.stewart@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2002 23:35:01

I've never really noticed a specific relationship between cruising speed
and my
aircraft take off weight. Obviously, due to aerodynamics, there must be
one.

However, whether the aircraft is light or heavy (and the difference
between
these two figures must be greater than 300lb/136kg), I can't believe it
amounts to
much more than a few knots.

Now, climb performance! That's a different story.

Alan

> One possible reason is that the aircraft was heavy to start with and
the
> engine was a prototype, somewhat heavier than the production version.
The
> engine would be fine with a light Europa like John Tye's at 730 lbs.
(Rotax
> 912) Too many of us fit a built in headwind into the instrument panel
> fear. John's panel weighed 18 lbs.

1 valid command processed; it was successful.