Re: Transponder Aerial Location

Subject: Re: Transponder Aerial Location
From: Graham Singleton <grasingleton@avnet.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2002 13:58:02
>I wish you luck with your WAM 120 engine. It looks a super piece of
>engineering but IMHO it is likely to be rather heavy for the Europa. I
>tried to find out the empty weight of the only Europa with the WAM 120
>fitted but it seems to be a closely guarded secret

One possible reason is that the aircraft was heavy to start with and the
engine was a prototype, somewhat heavier than the production version. The
engine would be fine with a light Europa like John Tye's at 730 lbs. (Rotax
912) Too many of us fit a built in headwind into the instrument panel I
fear. John's panel weighed 18 lbs.

A Microair comm and transponder would help a lot.

Graham