40 amp alt. , cowl &prop.

Subject: 40 amp alt. , cowl &prop.
From: ScramIt@aol.com
Date: Tue, 9 Apr 2002 11:15:57
Hi all, just got back from S~n~F, I saw tweety bird (yes, yet another cartoon
plane) at flightcrafters and it had the forty amp alternator with a whirl
wind prop. If your going to add this alternator you're going to need a prop
extension, 1/2 inch would be good 1 inch better. Tweety did not have an
extension and the extended cowl is 1/16 from the belt. If you're using an
Airmaster prop, the belt fly wheel is in the way of the pickup and the pickup
mounts on the same holes as the alt. so the bracket is no good. Not to fear,
I talked to the people at Airmaster and they said they can make me an
extension up to 1 1/2 inch no problem. Also they are developing a drum brush
plate for the electrical connections instead of the flat plate. On the flight
home I was thinking if they can make the drum part of the belt flywheel that
would solve some problems. Whatever the problem Airmaster was very willing to
help out. If the 40a alt. is going to be a popular choice they will engineer
it to work with their props. Great bunch of people.

SteveD
A217

I have some pictures, email me if you woud like them.