Re: Heated Pitot static tube

Subject: Re: Heated Pitot static tube
From: DJA727@aol.com
Date: Tue, 9 Apr 2002 12:10:42
You should have no problems with juice, then!  We will end up with the
40A alternator, also.  The cowling has to be modified a bit to make it
fit, I believe, but with strobes, lights, etc, the stock alternator
and likely even the additon of one of the B&C alternators won't be
enough.  I've also waffled back and forth on the electric gyro vs.
vacuum gyro issue, so with vacuum gyros, the belt drive alternator is
mandatory.

Chris

#### I settled with the vacuum gyros because of the extreme cost for 2 electric
gyros. I am now talking to Airmaster about the conflict between the prop slip
rings and the alternator installation. Right now we don't have any solutions,
so any suggestions from the peanut gallery would be appreciated. I am
considering
adding to the back of the cowling to extend it forward for the alternator.
I am still waiting for the engine, so I can't do much else regarding all of
this.

Dave Anderson