Re: Heated Pitot static tube

Subject: Re: Heated Pitot static tube
From: n9zes@execpc.com
Date: Mon, 8 Apr 2002 12:46:31
Beware that heated pitot tubes suck a LOT of juice (I think I've heard
10 amps??).  Unless you plan to add an extra alternator (the 40A belt
drive will likely be the only one with enough juice), the stock setup
won't power the pitot tube, strobes, radios, lights, etc.

IMHO, the Europa is NOT a hard IFR machine.  By the time it's loaded
up with all the necessary stuff, it's going to be a pig.  Yes, I
believe it needs some vacuum instruments and basic stuff to get you
out of trouble, but I'd never consider it an "all-weather" machine.

...donning flame-suit...

Chris
A159

<info@avnet.co.uk>