Re: 40 amp alt. , cowl &prop.

Subject: Re: 40 amp alt. , cowl &prop.
From: PreDial@aol.com
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2002 21:41:31
Steve,

We looked at all the planes at Flightcrafters too.  We're going all electric.
 I'm of the opinion that the 20A B&C alternator can fit with a fairly simple
bracket which would also incorporate about a 2.5:1 speed up using timing
belts to get its output back up in the 35 - 40 A territory.  Of course until
we get our engine and cowls, the truth won't be known (placed order at Sun N
Fun), but 914's are scarce.  I think the arrangement I'm doodling will reduce
(eliminate??) the cowl rework.

Jim & Heather A185