Re: Terra Radio

Subject: Re: Terra Radio
From: Mark Chetwynd-Talbot <markt@avnet.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2002 09:11:33

-----Original Message-----
From: forum-owner@europaclub.org.uk
Subject:  Terra Radio

Does anyone have the anser to my problem with my Terra Radio.  The local
radio shop have tested the radio and found no fault, but in the aircraft the
symptoms are:-

Reception loud and clear
Transmission unreadable with or without engine running, and with or without
intercom switched on, and whether in the air or on the ground
Intercom is normal and clear
When PTT is pressed pilot hears his own transmission clear but far too loud
(Headphones and mic.work normally when plugged into ICOM handheld)

>Frank Mycroft   (G-BWYD)

I had a similar problem. I removed the radio from the panel and had a look
at the setting of the sidetone and mic gain screws (top casing) and the vox
squelch setting on the bottom of the set casing. One of these may
inadvertently have been turned right down (or up) and resetting to a
different level (Middle-ish in my case) cured the problem. I think it was
the squelch which was wrong in my case but I cannot really remember now.
Can't say transmission is brilliant but stations hear me at about 30 miles
2500'.

Worth a try, anyway.

Mark  (G-CHET)