Re: slow blow fuse

Subject: Re: slow blow fuse
From: Fred Fillinger <fillinger@ameritech.net>
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2002 00:44:07
That's what seems implied on the aerolectric site, Tony.  However, the
temp rating of Tefzel insulation is in the Mil-Spec, and it's _way_
short of cherry red, much less melting.  Inside a fiberglass sleeve,
you could have a damaged wire and not know it.  Not an airworthiness
concept I'm comfy with.  Still, for what sort of low-current circuit
do we want this?  Certainly not avionic$ or gyro$, or is this just to
save weight/cost on traditional devices?

Best,
Fred F.